www.bunchnews.com

Woman Discovers frog In Her Grocery Store Ice Cream Tub

www.bunchnews.com

An unlikely hitchhiker was inside the ice cream tub. That's right—a large frog or toad was stuck right under the lid and embedded itself into the creamy treat.

www.bunchnews.com

The client, Tracy Holtman, claimed in a Facebook post that the frog was imprisoned beneath the tub's plastic barrier. Before going to the freezer, the amphibian must have entered the plant.

www.bunchnews.com

It has happened before that an animal hitchhiker ruined someone's snack. A woman in the UK discovered a snail shell inside her McDonald's burger in March.

www.bunchnews.com

Whatever method the frog used to enter the ice cream tub, Wells Enterprises, the company that makes Blue Bunny ice cream, reported that the discovery immediately spurred an investigation.

www.bunchnews.com

As soon as Wells Enterprises became aware of the situation, it quickly began an inquiry and contacted the impacted customer.

www.bunchnews.com

confirmed that this could not have happened while the product was being manufactured; rather, it would have happened after it had left our plant.

www.bunchnews.com

Wells places a great premium on product safety and constantly upholds the highest standards in both our facilities and manufacturing procedures.

www.bunchnews.com

To avoid something similar happening, we have strong quality systems in place and continuously examine our standards and procedures.

www.bunchnews.com

popular website for fact-checking After thoroughly investigating this claim, Snopes came to the conclusion that it's conceivable the frog was placed there on purpose after the item was purchased.

www.bunchnews.com

But Holtman insisted that she didn't eat the poisoned ice cream and that she would return the tub to Hy-Vee for a refund.

Healthy Meals You Can Order At Any Mexican Restaurant

Click Here